Warning: A Lopsided Blog

This blog is our "all play, no work" website because we have to limit this blog to personal/family updates only and will continue to send work-related news via our snail mail letter. Also, to check the current time in our city, please scroll down to our time stamp at the bottom of this page.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

International Household Names


Just a few days ago, Verity and I were laughing about her debut on Turkish TV last year when a camera crew taped her petting a police dog in the Istanbul airport. She was wondering if it had aired or not.

The next day, my mom emailed me this flier because her friend wanted permission to use our girls' photo for a flier advertising a nursery school in Korea. The girls got a kick out of seeing themselves in the ad.

So they're not "household" names but ... who knows in which country their faces will next appear? =)

I feel like I've entered a very sweet season of parenting. It's so fun to see them play as friends together all day long. And January 7th was a monumental day in the Williams family.
As we were preparing to wish David's mother a happy birthday ... Annalise decided she wanted to hear more about Jesus and what He's done for her sin.

She's broached this topic before but we always back off when it seems like she appears distracted or confused. With each child, we are careful to make sure they understand the gospel message and that it is THEIR decision, not ours.

Finally, that evening ... right before our call to David's mother ... Annalise was ready. Watching her pray was so sweet! What a joy it was to share that while David's mother was celebrating her physical birthday, her granddaughter was celebrating a spiritual birthday!

Each daughter is such a gift from God. I try to keep a journal of our girls' funny and interesting quotes so that we can laugh about them together someday.

Verity (when asked if we should have more children):
"I wish you would have 500 more babies! I love it when a new sibling joins our family!"

Annalise (while being tucked in for an afternoon nap):
"I love my COZY life!"

Moriah (as she leans in to give me a kiss): "You are sooo cute, I could just eat you all up!"

No comments: