Warning: A Lopsided Blog

This blog is our "all play, no work" website because we have to limit this blog to personal/family updates only and will continue to send work-related news via our snail mail letter. Also, to check the current time in our city, please scroll down to our time stamp at the bottom of this page.

Monday, August 17, 2009

If I HAD to pick my top two ...

Some students returning to school might have to write an essay in response to the question, "What did you do during the summer break?"

Picking my two favorite highlights is a no-brainer. Hands-down, I would pick our visit with my brother, Jake, and my solo trip to Copenhagen, Denmark last week!

FAVORITE 2009 SUMMER MEMORY #1
Originally resigned to believe that Jake couldn't get time
off until 2010, he surprised us by announcing that he can indeed visit us this summer! So in mid-July, Jake flew here for a very sweet 10-day visit. Even today, a local friend asked our girls about their favorite summer memory and they said, "Uncle Jake's visit!"

He's been teaching English at a junior high near Seoul, South Korea so he flew here via Dubai and Istanbul. It was such a treat watching our girls drink in all the uncle-
love they've been missing this past year. I've got lots of fun photos of Jake's visit posted on my Facebook page, you can click here to see that album.


FAVORITE 2009 SUMMER MEMORY #2
When my friend, Marie, announced her engagement to her fiance from Denmark, I assumed they would wed in California and that I wouldn't be able to attend. But when she wrote that the wedding wo
uld take place in Denmark, I thought, "That is a tad closer. I wonder if I could make it to the wedding?"

You all know t
hat I believe I have an all-star husband. I honestly wouldn't have seriously considered going without his confident enthusiasm about holding down the fort alone so that I can go support Marie on her wedding day.

And it turned out to be an amazing week. I absolutely loved touring Copenhagen (and a tiny bit of Sweden). But more importantly, I was so encouraged by Marie's & Ivan's Christ-centered relationship and wedding. Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Olsen!

I first met Marie when David and I worked in San Diego during the first 2 years of our marriage. Marie (the bride) and Erin (the matron of honor in blue) were two of the students we were honored to know at UCSD.

For more photos of my Denmark trip taken (once again) from my Facebook page, please click here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i want to come back!!! miss you guys!
~uncle jake